THE WORK OF IAN STUART
1) 7" You're So
Dumb/Better Off Crazy Chiswik label S-11 released 15.6.77 with 3 different
sleeves: 1st was orange, 2nd was green with a screw and a nut, 3rd was lighter
green with just the head of a screw. later re-issued with a different b
side(Only One) on the Street Rock'N'Roll label SR-038
2) 7” Antisocial/Breakdown(Rolling Stones) Chiswik label S-18 released
8.10.77. Also released in Germany on Metronome with different PS-which i'm told
is VERY scarce, Metronome 37.
3) All Skrewed Up album was issued as 45 RPM £ 2.50 special price album
in UK in 4 different sleeve colours: Yellow, Green, Orange and Pink (pale
purple). The Yellow and Green cover LP's have the label number CH 3 on the
label, the Orange and Pink have the label number WIK 3. All 4 colours have the
cat n° CH 3 on the back cover and on the side cover: Where's It Gonna End,
Government Action, Backstreet Kids, Gotta Be Young, I Don't Need Your Love, I
Don't Like You, (Too Much)Confusion, 9 Till 5, Jailbait, We Don't Pose The Only
One, Won't Get Fooled Again(The Who).Issued in Germany with Yellow sleeve on
Chiswik/Metronome 0067.057 w/ 2 extra trax: Streetfight and Unbeliever and plays
at 33 RPM. Rumours that also a Green sleeve version of this German edition
exists ( i never seen any though). The album was already issued in France and
Holland, both versions with Orange sleeves, Holland version on Chiswick /Ariola
Benelux and the cat n° is: 550200. I don't have the French version (Barclay
distribution) and i can't provide you the cat n°, sorry. The most notable
difference between the UK editions and the other European versions of the LP
(German, French and Dutch) is that the UK version has the "SPECIAL OFFER £ 2.50
45 RPM" spot on the left side of the front cover. The European versions have
exactly the same cover design without the spot. .Later reissued as “The Early
Years” on 2 lp's (Ian Records, Vol.1 has 10 trax, Vol.2 has 8 trax), & CD
Rock-O-Rama RCD 155 in 1991 with 18 total tracks, 5 more than All Skrewed Up: item
#1, 2(b-side only),”Unbeliever” & “Streetfight”(1977).
NOTE: The Record Collector 1995 price guide says a 7" single on Chiswik,
Streetfight/Unbeliever, NS28, did make it to the test pressing stage.
4) 7” Build Up, Knock Down/Case Of Pride/Breakout TJM label (TJM-4 EP)
5) 12” Back With A Bang/I Don’t like You Boots & Braces label SKREW T 1
6) 7” White Power/Smash The I.R.A./Shove The Dove White Noise label WIN 1
early copies included Lyric insert 1983
7) 7” Voice Of Britain/Sick Society White Noise label WN2 1984
8) 7” Invasion/On The Streets Rock-O-Rama label RRR 47 1984 early copies
come in a B&W PS
9) 12”/LP Boots & Braces 8 trax includes items #4&5 plus Tearing Down The
Wall, Boots & Braces,& Antisocial(new version from the United Skins comp.) Rock-O-Rama
label RRR 67 1987
10) 12”/LP Voice Of Britain 8 tracks includes items #6,7,8 & When The Boat
Comes In White Power records label WP 3 1987
11) LP Hail The New Dawn 14 tracks Rock-O-Rama label RRR 46: Hail The New
Dawn, Our Pride Is Our Loyalty, Before The Night Falls, Justice, Race & Nation,
Flying The Flag, If There's A Riot, Tomorrow Belongs To Me, Europe Awake,
Soldier Of Freedom, Skrew You, Pennies From Heaven, Power From Profit, Free My
Land. CD has 2 bonus tracks: Tearing Down The Wall & Don’t Let Them Pull You Down
from the No Surrender Vol 1 comp. 1984
12) LP Blood & Honour 14 trax Rock-O-Rama label RRR 53: Blood & Honour, Mr.
Nine To Five, Don't Be Too Late, When The Storm Brakes, Prisoner Of Peace,
Poland, Tomorrow Is Always Too Late, The Way It's Got To Be, The Jewel In The
Sea, One Fine Day, Searching, Needle Man, Open Up Your Eyes, I Know What I Want.
CD reissued on Blood & Honour label w/2 extra tracks: Streetfight & Friday Night from
No Surrender Vol. 2 comp.
13) LP We’ve Got The Power 12 live tracks Viking records label VIK 1 1987:
White Power, Streetfight, Europe Awake, Voice Of Britain, Built Up Knock Down,
Strikeforce, Blood & Honour, I Don't Like You, Our Pride Is Our Loyalty, Boots &
Braces, Free My Land, Back With A Bang. reissued on CD w/ bonus live & demo trax:
Live: Government Action, When The Boat Comes In, & Smash The I.R.A. Demos: Hail
The New Dawn, Race & Nation, Pennies From Heaven, When The Boat Comes In, Europe
Awake, Voice Of Britain, Sick Society, Tomorrow Belongs To Me, When The Boat
Comes In(studio) VIK CD 001
14) LP White Rider 12 tracks Rock-O-Rama label RRR 66 1987: White Rider,
Where Has Justice Gone, Strikeforce, Behind The Bars, Pride Of A Nation, New
Nation, The Snow Fell, I Can See The Fire, Thunder In The Cities, We Fight For
Freedom, White Warriors, Built Up Knock Down(1987)
There is an 8 song demo
tape from the White Rider sessions with these songs: Built Up Knock Down,
Fighting For Freedom, White Warriors, Land On Fire, Strikeforce, Pride Of A
Nation, Snow Fell, White Rider. Land On Fire is the REAL gem of this tape,
because it is a TOTALLY different version from the Gods Of War 2 LP.
15) LP After The Fire
12 tracks Rock-O-Rama label RRR 75 1988: After The Fire, Mean Streets, Win Or
Die, Land Of Ice, Eyes Full Of Rage, As Life Bleeds Away, Forty Six Years,
European Dream, Retaliate, A Time Of Change, Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd),
Green Fields Of France
16) 7” After The Fire/Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd) Street
Rock’N’Roll label SR-01 1988
17) 7” Land Of Ice/Retaliate Street Rock’N’Roll label SR-019 1988
Note: 8 dates of the "Break The Chains Tour 1989" were:19.4-Antwerp Flanders,
30.4-Stockholm, 13.5-Antwerp, 27.5-Kent, 17.6-Neiheim Germany, 24.6-Durham,
18) LP Warlord 12 tracks Rock-O-Rama label RRR 85 1989: Warlord, One In A
Million II, Out In The Cold, Their Kingdom Will Fall, The Evil Crept In, Simple
Man (Lynyrd Skynyrd), Soar Aloft, Back In Black(AC/DC), Glory, Excalibur, The
Warrior Song, Suddenly.
19) 7” Their Kingdom Will Fall/Simple Man (Lynyrd Skynyrd) Street
Rock’N’Roll label SR-027 1989
20) 7” The Evil Crept In/Glory Street Rock’N’Roll label SR-028 1989
21) 7” The Showdown/Deep Inside White Pride Records label SRT 9KS 1990.
Both trax appear also on The Gods Of War comp. Vol 3.
22) LP The Strong Survive 12 tracks Rock-O-Rama label RRR 103 1990.
Reissued on cd in 1991 RCD 132. The Strong Survive, Voice Of Evil, From The
Land, In The Wasteland, Stand Proud, Paranoid(Black Sabbath), Hail & Thunder,
Backstabber, United(Judas Priest), Warzone, Shining Down, Mist On The Downs.
NOTE: The LP is MISSING the song "In The Wasteland" even though
it is listed on the back cover. Just another fuck up by Rock O Rama. Song can be
found on the CD though.
23) 7" Stand Proud/Backstabber Street Rock'N'Roll label SR-052 1991
24) 7" Warzone/Shining Down Street Rock'N'Roll label SR-053 1991
25) LP Live & Kicking (Double live album) 22 tracks Rock-O-Rama label RRR
109: Hail The New Dawn, Strikeforce, Europe Awake, The Showdown, Stand Proud,
Land Of Ice, Paranoid, Back With A Bang, Streetfight, Johnny Joined The Klan,
The Snow Fell, 46 Years, Backstabber, Sweet Home Alabama, Tomorrow Belongs To
Me, Glory, Red Flags Are Burning, Blood & Honour, Free My Land, Smash The I.R.A.,
White Power, Hail The New Dawn. Comes in a Gatefold Sleeve. Reissued on cd in
1991 RCD 147 NOTE: the advantage of having the cd is that there are no breaks
in the entire concert. Sound quality is excellent.
26) CD Live At Waterloo-1992 19 tracks live in Waterloo, England
12/9/92 Euro CD Norge A/S RDD-60 White Terror Records/ISD 004:Back With A Bang,
Tomorrow Belongs To Me, Europe Awake, Streetfight, The Showdown, Paranoid,
United, Our Pride Is Our Loyalty, Hail The New Dawn, Johnny Joined The Klan,
Blood & Honour, Stand Proud, Sweet Home Alabama, 46 Years, Strikeforce, Free My
Land, Smash The I.R.A., When The Boat Comes In, White Power. NOTE: sound
quality is excellent, however, songs Back With A Bang & Strikeforce are NOT
complete: there is a fade into Back With A Bang, there is a fade out just before
Strikeforce and then another fade in into Strikeforce. This CD was
released after Ian's death, in 1995.
27) LP Freedom What Freedom 12 tracks Rock-O-Rama label RRR 121 1992:
Intro-Mother Europe's Son, What Price Freedom, This Little Piggy, This Feeling,
Blood Of The Kings, One-Land (Re-Unification), Stolz, Return To Camelot, (Oh No)
Here Comes A..., When The North Wind Blows, God Of Thunder, Epilogue-The Road To
Valhalla. reissued on cd as RCD 164
28) CD Hail Victory 12 tracks ISD/White Terror label ISD-001 1994: Intro -
Diamonds In The Dust/Hail Victory, Vampire, White Noise, House Of Treason, Mother
Europe, Old Albion, European Battle Song, We March To Glory, Renegade, Fools No
More, Time To Die, Night Trains
29) CD This One’s For The Skinheads live 18 tracks recorded 23 April 1987
Halesworth England MSR Productions MSR CD 236: White Power, Hail The New Dawn,
Government Action, Europe Awake, Streetfight, Built Up Knock Down, Boots &
Braces, Back With A Bang, Blood & Honour, Strikeforce, Our Pride Is Our Loyalty,
Voice Of Britain,, When The Boat Comes In, Smash The I.R.A., Tomorrow Belongs To
Me, Free My Land, I Don't Like You, White Power.
NOTE: the sound quality is
less than excellent, but the entire show is here & the set list is great.
Besides, it is the best era of Skrewdriver's career, in my opinion.
30) CD The Best Of Skrewdriver Vol. 1 Combat 18/ISD label KS3 25 tracks:
Built Up Knock Down(1987), Boots & Braces, Back With A Bang, The Showdown, Blood & Honour,
Tomorrow Belongs To Me, Voice Of Britain, The New Boss, Europe Awake, After The
Fire, Old Albion, White Power, Hail Victory, Free My Land, The Snow Fell, House
Of Treason, White Rider, 46 Years, Hail The New Dawn, Antisocial (7" version-not
the United Skins version), Stand Proud, Sick Society, Our Pride Is Our Loyalty, Streetfight(1986), I Can See The Fire.
31) CD The Best Of Skrewdriver Vol. 2 ISD label SRT 96 CD 4621 01 23 trax:
Invasion, When The Boat Comes In, Strikeforce, White Rider(inlay card says White
Warriors, but the actual song is White Rider, which is on Best Of Vol. 1)
Thunder In The Cities, Open Up Your Eyes, Smash The I.R.A., Return To Camelot,
God Of Thunder, Glory, Excalibur, Suddenly, Warlord, Simple Man, Land On Fire,
We Can't Be Beaten, Night Trains, Land Of Ice , Poland, The Way It's Gotta Be,
Friday Night, I'm A Free Man, The Road To Valhalla.
32) 7" You're So Dumb/The Only One Street Rock'N'Roll label SR-038 1990
33) 7" Streetfight/Where's It Gonna End Street Rock'N'Roll label SR-039
IAN STUART SOLO:
33) LP No Turning Back 12 tracks Rock-O-Rama label RRR 82 1989: Intro-To
Freedom We Ride/Triumph Of The Will, Firepower, Campaign In The East, Fortress
Europe, Battle Cries, Behind Blue Eyes(The Who), No Turning Back, It's A Hard
Road(AC/DC), The Wheel Goes Round, The Flight Of The Eagle, Red Flags Are
Burning, In The Ghetto(Elvis Presley) Reissued on cd RCD 110 in 1991.
34) 7” It’s A Hard Road(AC/DC)/The Wheel Goes ‘Round Street
Rock’N’Roll label SR 21 1989
35) 7” No Turning Back/Behind Blue Eyes(The Who) Street Rock’N’Roll label
SR 22 1989
36) LP Slay The Beast 11 tracks Rock-O-Rama label RRR 90 1990:Slay The
Beast, Radar Love(Golden Earring), Fantasy, Long Time Gone, Long Memories,
Sympathy For The Devil(Rolling Stones), Freedom Hunters, By The Wayside, Ride
The Wind, Sacred Road, Wall Of Tears(Tear It Down).
37) 7" Radar Love(Golden Earring)/Long Memory Street Rock'N'Roll
38) LP Patriot 11 tracks Rock-O-Rama label RRR 113: Patriot, When The Lies
Begin To Crumble, Living On Borrowed Time, Phoenix Arising, Stand Up, Ship Of
Destiny, Calm Before The Storm, Sooner Or Later, Fight The Poison, Paint It
Black(Rolling Stones), Down In The City. CD reissued 1991 RCD 144
IAN STUART & ROUGH JUSTICE:
39) EP Justice For The Cottbus Six RRR 124: 6 song ep 1992: Can't Spare
You The Time, Pressure, Early Warning Sign, Having A Good Time, Don't Try It,
Justice For The Cottbus Six. reissued on cd RCD 167
THE KLANSMEN (Ian Stuart vocals with
a guitarist of Psychobilly band Demented-Are-Go + one more from Krewmen)
40) 12” Johnny Joined The Klan/Napalm In The Morning/Arkansas Air Klan
Records label Klan 1T 1989. ''Johnny Joined The Klan'' is a cover of ''Johnny B.
Goode'' by Nigger Chuck Berry with slightly different lyrics.
41) LP Fetch The Rope 10 tracks Klan Records Klan 6 1989: Reich'N'Roll, Son
Of Dixie, Fetch The Rope, Outlaws, Southern Boy, Stand Up & Be Counted, Gooks
Ears, White Trash, Faith, Hope, & Charity, Dixie(inst.).
42) 7" Reich'N'Roll/Napalm In The Morning Street Rock'N'Roll label SR-005
43)) LP Rebel With A Cause 10 tracks Klan Records label Klan 7 1989: Rebel
With A Cause, It's Good To Be Back Home, Still Burning, The Betrayed, Pulling
The Wool, Join The Klan, Whiskey Rock'N'Roller (Lynyrd Skynyrd), Bad News, The
Land Is Ours, All Robbed Up(inst.).Reissued on cd in 1991 RCD 141 w/2 extra
Southern Belle, Gone With The Breeze
44) 7" Rebel With A Cause/Gone With The Breeze Street Rock'N'Roll label
45) 7" Join The Klan/Still Burning Street Rock'N'Roll label SR-031 1990
46) LP Rock’N’Roll Patriots 10 tracks Klan Records label Klan 8 1991:
Klansmen Song, Route 66(Troup), Get It Right, Better Days, Freedom(What
Freedom), Rock'N'Roll Patriots, Coming Up To Midnight, Drinking On Your Own,
Motorway Daze, The Devils Right Hand(Steve Earle) reissued on CD RCD 157 1991
IAN STUART & STIGGER:
47) LP Patriotic Ballads 12 tracks Rock-O-Rama RRR 117 in 1991: Tomorrow
Belongs To Me, Phoenix Rising, Gone With The Breeze, The Red Threat, The Land Is
Ours, Stand By Your Own, The Green Fields Of France, Who Cares, Suddenly, White
Blues, Something To Believe In, The Snow Fell. Reissued on cd as RCD 160.
NOTE: Originally released as a cassette tape only (the idea came from German WW2
POW Magnus Wagged, after huge success it was put on vinyl).
48) CD Patriotic Ballads II - Our Time Will Come 12 tracks Rock-O-Rama CD
RCD 119 1992: Another Prayer For The Dying, The Lions Roar, We Stand Alone, One
In A Million (GunsNRoses), Wasted Life, Never Give In, Glory, Left To Drown, Why
Worry, Europe On My Mind, Our Time Will Come, Tuesdays Gone (Lyrnyrd Skynyrd).
49) LP The Reaper 11 tracks Rock-O-Rama LP 110 1991: On The Wings Of The
Storm, Judge, Hands Of A Stranger, Talisman, Hard Road, Memories, The Reaper, A
Friend Is A Friend, Wishing Well (Free-lead vocal by Steve "Stigger" Calladine),
Living On The Edge, Bright City Lights. reissued on cd RCD 142
50) 7” Hard Road/Bright City Lights Street Rock'N'Roll label SR-0611991
51) CD The Power &The Glory 11 tracks Glory Discs label Glory CD 1 1992:
Rise Up, Refugee, Outlaw, Politician, Take No Prisoners, No Mans Land, Jumping
Jack Flash(Rolling Stones), The Only One, To Freedom We Ride, Ain't Got The
Time, The Power & The Glory
52) 2x10" Catch A Wave Chiswik label Nice 1 SKREWDRIVER:
Government Action 1978
53) LP Long Shots, Dead Certs, & Odds On Favourites: Chiswik Chartbusters
Vol. 2 Chiswik label CH5 (1978) SKREWDRIVER: You're So Dumb, Antisocial
54) LP United Skins Boots & Braces label SKREW LP 1(1982) SKREWDRIVER:
Boots & Braces, Antisocial
Note: On the reissue CD, Skrewdriver is credited as "Freedom Of Speech"
55) 7" This Is White Noise ep White Noise label WN3 1984.SKREWDRIVER:
When The Boat Comes In 1984
56) LP No Surrender Vol.1 16 tracks Rock-O-Rama label RRR 52 1985:
SKREWDRIVER: Don't Let Them Pull You Down & Tearing Down The Wall.
57) LP No Surrender Vol.2 12 tracks Rock-O-Rama label RRR 59 1986:
SKREWDRIVER: Streetfight (1986), Friday Night
58) LP No Surrender Vol.3 12 tracks Rock-O-Rama records RRR 86 1989:
SKREWDRIVER: Judgment Day & One In A Million (GunsNRoses)
59) LP No Surrender Vol.4: KLANSMEN: Southern Belle
60) LP Gods Of War Vol.1 10 tracks White Power records label WP4 1988:
SKREWDRIVER: Land On Fire, New Boss, I'm A Free Man
61) LP Gods Of War Vol.2 12 tracks White Power Records label WP7 1989:
SKREWDRIVER: Rising, We Can't Be Beaten(Rose Tattoo). KLANSMEN: White
Power, Tomorrow Belongs To Me
62) LP Gods Of War Vol.3: 12 tracks White Power records label WP10 1989:
SKREWDRIVER: The Showdown, Deep Inside. KLANSMEN: What Happened, The
Man Who Fly The Flag
63) CD Blood & Honour Vol. 1: SKREWDRIVER: Old Albion, House Of Treason,
Hail Victory ISD 1994
64) CD Blood & Honour Vol. 2: SKREWDRIVER: When The Boat Comes In(demo)
ISD 1995 NOTE: Lead guitars were added to the track later on, in 1994 to be